Thursday, March 20, 2008

what do you know about Thursdays

So last night we went to circuit city because Kommandant heard from a little birdy that I Am Legend was $13.99. we got there and all the movies were $20-$30 (so we didn't get it there) But we did get scrubs season 3 for $19.99 we were looking around the store and I see Titus Season 3 for $16.99 So i called Grilltech and told him where it was and how much it was. (i don't think they are going to get it because when i saw 7 brides for 7 brothers on sale for $9.99 at Hastings they never went to got it.) So Kommandant decides that he is done and goes and pays for the movie. then he decides he needs to go to the bathroom. He wanders off and I sign for the movie and i ended up in the camera section. (which was bad) because now i want (and it's within reach) a $249.99 little camera that is about half an inch thick, little screen that is really clear and a lot of options in the menu and (optional) 2 year warranty for $59.99. so If i don't get the corset i wanted i can get the camera someday (oooooow).
We went to Wal-Mart (i love that store)and got I am Legend the uber geekish one for $22.99 and other things that we needed.
Today!
So the morning started off on a ruff note. I didn't want to get up at all. When i finally got the will to get up, get ready and have kommandant wash my tattoo it was 0516. I thought i had time to get my lunch together and to get to my car okay. Nope mother nature had different plans. Apparently i spent a little more time than i thought getting ready because it was about 0529 when i got my lunch, coffee, and to my car (which had frost on it.) by that time it was 0531 it takes me 15 minutes to get to work, maybe 10 if there is little traffic and if the light goddess is kind (which she wasn't)I scrapped the front window with a plastic card (we still haven't figured out that we need an ice scrapper.) then i got into the car and tired to drive with the windows mostly fogged up. I rubbed the inside of the window with my hand and it worked so i rubbed it so i could see so i could drive to work.
At 0543 i got to work and i pretty much ran to my station. 0545 I'm at my station thinking that i need to log on. What did i do instead? I grab a History report and started to fill it out. 0548 I realize that my computer screen isn't on and i didn't log on. (I swore at myself for that) I woke my computer up and logged on.
So i got all my stuff up and running and i notice that on my work order there is a note from swing shift that i needed to acclimate 3 to 4 reams of media for 3 jobs each. I looked at my script and each job and all the jobs that they put down called for fresh media. So i talked to My EH and she said to just ignore it, and that's what i did. I was running my 1 engine and about 0735 an engineer and a programmer asked to use my computer/ work station (oh joy i thought as i moved over). I asked them not to stop my engine from doing it's job. they didn't touch it at all. Yaye! They gave me another engine to run and to late care of.
At lunch i just left my engines running, and i ate lunch with the ladies in my area. They are nice and all but i think that they really don't like having people from different areas around people from other areas around doing their jobs because the people from different areas have different work habits. Or it's because I'm younger then they are (it ranges from 7 years to 41 years different.) That's just the women. They guys don't care because if I know anything about: WOW, movies, TV, tattoos, video games, girls (or at least just listen to them talk about girls) I'm okay to be around. one day some time ago i wore a shirt that had wow the trading card game on it with a picture of a witch I was a big hit that day.
So 1310 rolled around finally and i completely missed break because i wasn't paying attention at all. Which really bums me out because i have been working through my 1300 hour break all week and no one really cares as long as the page count stays high.
One of the TSes saw me talking to my eh (he wants everyone to just keep working and not talk to anyone.) so he made me weigh cartridges and give them back to the other eh (I had just finished something for the test and i had to go turn it in that is why i was out there and I just didn't want to be in the back running my lonely engine) so when i got that done i walked over to my eh finished my story and walked back to my engine and started to run it again.
Next week my area is back up and running. I'm not going back because they didn't request me back just yet. but when they request me back I'm not going to be happy because i like where i am. I've never really been a fan of moving around much in a job. I like to be in just one area doing my job right instead of moving around the buildings guessing what my jobs going to be. That's why we have SWAT people. And the people in the area that I'm in right now are really easy to get a long with and i don't have to meet new people. because when i go back they are going to be hiring new people because there are going to be a lot of projects starting up and there aren't going to be enough of us to cover it all.

References:
EH- Test leads WOW-World of Warcraft
TS- my test Supervises Engine- Printer
Media- Paper

No comments: